Buying a brand new refrigerator can be a daunting experience. Reading through all of the refrigerator reviews, refrigerator ratings and consumer recommendations can also be mind boggling. Following all, you will find so several numerous models to choose from along with all of the several brands, styles, even colors. So wherever do you start?
Well, the easiest location to begin is by asking yourself right here questions:
1) How A lot Space Do You Need?: The space in a refrigerator is expressed in Cubic Feet. Thinking most people do not understand what a cubic foot represents, believe of it this way. You would like about Ten Cubic Feet of interior storage capacity per Two people.
This 10 cubic feet is for freezer space as well as refrigerator space. So, figure about 7 cubic feet of refrigerator space and 3 cubic feet of freezer space per 2 people.
Granted, while that’s the rule of thumb, you have to contemplate your specific space requirements this kind of as:
How big is your family? - Should you have a household of four, figure you’ll need at least a 20.0 cubic foot fridge. Are you a Vegetarian? - Should you are a vegetarian, you won’t need as significantly freezer space or internal meat drawers. You’ll want as much refrigerator space as you possibly can handle to become certain you’ve the space to your fresh fruits and vegetables. How will your family members grow, or shrink? - Are your kids in college and about to flee the nest? Do you’ve a baby on the way or elderly parents moving in? All of these reasons are items to look at as soon as creating a refrigerator purchase. Contemplate that most refrigerators last about 10 years, so factor in how your family will likely be growing or shrinking over that time period so that you do not need to preserve buying new refrigerators.
2) What Sort of Refrigerator Will Fit into Your Kitchen?: It sounds silly, but there had been various people that have purchased a new refrigerator only for getting it house and learn how the new fridge doesn’t fit into their existing kitchen. So, take measurements ahead of you go refrigerator shopping.
Factor in not just in which the fridge is going to be sitting, but also how far out the door will swing. Following all, you do not desire to get your new fridge home and then study you can not open it!
Keep in mind that counter depth refrigerators are very popular, but they usually lack the storage potential that most persons need. So, consider this once you are shopping. Counter depth by the way methods how the front face in the refrigerator will sit flush in the existing counter top, rather than sticking out. It looks much nicer, but it’s not always the correct option for everybody.
3) Color Choices: There’s good and bad news with refrigerator colors — the excellent news is there are not too numerous to select from — and you guessed it, which is also the damaging news.
Refrigerators normally come in white, black, stainless steel, bisque (or beige) and a stainless steel alternative called, satina. Satina is usually cheaper than stainless and simpler to maintain, but it does not often (depending on a brand) appear as nice.
The days of avocado green and lemon yellow are gone for the moment.
So, what do you do in case you need an additional color? Well, several refrigerators have attachable panels that affix to the face with the refrigerator that allows you to make it any color your desire. Most people like to blend their refrigerator into their existing cabinetry by owning panels that match the wood work. GE Monogram, Kenmore Elite and Kitchenaid provide this option and all have performed well in a variety of on the web refrigerator reviews.
4) Type of Refrigerator: The sort of refrigerators accessible are:
Side by Side - Wherever the freezer and refrigerator are next to every other Top Freezer - Exactly where the freezer is mounted on the top in the refrigerator Bottom Freezer — There the freezer is mounted over a bottom with the refrigerator French Door Refrigerator — That may be also known as a bottom freezer since it has a couple of split (side by side) doors over a front using a pull out drawer freezer on the bottom. Made In Refrigerator — Is also any in the more than styles, but the refrigerator is built to the existing cabinetry and hidden away with the stylized color panels mentioned above. Compact Refrigerator — Also called a “dorm refrigerator”, the compact refrigerator is perfect for game rooms, spare rooms, garages or household areas.
5) Very best Refrigerator Brands: We’re always reviewing various models of refrigerators by a wide variety of manufacturers. In all of the refrigerator reviews that we’ve done, only a handful of manufacturers rise on the tops as leaders — so they may be the brands to think about and brands to avoid:
General Electric: GE, GE profile and GE Monogram are all excellent alternatives and rate incredibly well with consumers. The GE Aurora brand (sold exclusively at The Residence Depot) was above average, but did NOT rate and also the GE or GE Profile brands.